Joe Engressia, Monday, December 14, 2009
When you install windows OS on your computer, probably your grub of Ubuntu 9.10 will disappear and you will be directed on Windows. Or, when you hit enter you got information that Your grub2 is error. We will share how to repair grub2 of Ubuntu 9.10. Grub2 can be faster to boot on your OS.
- Boot from USB or live cd of ubuntu 9.10, then select Run without change.
- If you have on Desktop of Ubuntu 9.10, please go to terminal. We will check root and boot of your Ubuntu 9.10 via terminal.
e.q. On my pc, root and boot were on /dev/sda1
- Mount your root on /media/myroot
Create new folder on /media
sudo mkdir /media/myroot
Mount your root now!!
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/myroot
- We have to bind mount all our devices from USB to the HDD
sudo mount --bind /dev/ /media/myroot/dev
- Chroot on your root and fixing grub2 of Ubuntu 9.10
sudo chroot /media/myroot
run the command grub-install again to install grub to your /dev/sda
sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
- Exit, unmount and restart
sudo unmount /media/myroot
After restart, your grub 2 will appear again and ready boot using 2 OS. I don't issue any guarantee It will work for You. Please comment us if you get some troubles, We will help you as soon as possible.^
Let's fix grub2 of Ubuntu 9.10.